This apple pie is easy, cozy, and perfect for fall! It is also a great breakfast pie. I mean, come on, cinnamon rolls, apples, you have all the important food groups all rolled into a pie. Divine! How is breakfast pie not a thing yet? Is it because ALL pie is a breakfast pie?
4-5 medium-sized apples
2 13oz cans of cinnamon rolls
Ground Cinnamon (I can’t give you a measurement because I like to use a LOT) use what feels right.)
1/2 C Sugar
Flour (for flattening your cinnamon rolls)
- Peel and slice your apples, place in a saucepan with cinnamon, and sugar. Sometimes I like to add a splash of apple cider, it’s not required. Cook on medium heat until apples are softened and cooked through.
- Open one can of dough. On a lightly floured surface roll out each cinnamon roll. Place it into your pie plate. As you add more cinnamon rolls, pinch gaps together in the dough to help you cover the whole surface. Cook this first layer of dough in the oven according to the package directions (remove from oven before they are browned, you don’t want them cooked through totally, just given a good headstart so that it is not doughy).
- When you remove your cinnamon rolls, you will notice that they have puffed up. While they are warm and moveable use a serving spoor or measuring cup to flatten down your cinnamon rolls. Pour your cooked apples into pie plate and top pie with your second package of cinnamon rolls that have been rolled down.
- Put back into the oven and once again cook according to your cinnamon roll package instructions, this time cooking until the rolls are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and spread cinnamon roll icing over pie. If you do so while your pie is warm, your icing will melt and drizzle over the whole pie for the perfect coating. Allow to cool and enjoy, or cover and refrigerate.
- This is also really delicious with a scoop of ice cream, or a drizzle of caramel, and always with a cup of coffee, I doubt there’s much you could do wrong when topping this pie. It’s also perfect on its own.
Enjoy friends! And look below for pictures showing each step for you!